Injuries Due To Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is a silent and deadly killer.  Odorless and colorless, this gas can slowly build up in enclosed spaces, increasing in concentration until its poisonous effects begin.  People who have been exposed to Carbon Monoxide typically experience nausea, severe headaches and dizziness leading to unconsciousness and death. Even when it does not kill, it often its victims with permanent, life-long injuries including hypoxic brain damage and paralysis.  Children and the elderly are particularly susceptible to its effects.

If you or a loved one have been exposed to Carbon Monoxide, contact the offices of Attorney Roderick Todd McIver.  We represent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of:

  • Defects in Gas-fired appliances
  • LP and natural gas leaks
  • Improper wood burning stove and fireplace ventilation
  • Furnace, stove, oven, boiler, heater malfunctions
  • Hotel and Workplace ventilation problems
  • Poorly vented exhaust from campers, mobile homes, RVs, boats
  • Power washers, lawn equipment and generators

Learn More About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

You can learn about the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning and how to protect your family by reading this fact-sheet, “Protect Your Family and Yourself from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning”. Written by the US Environmental Protection Agency, it provides information that may save your life.

Injuries from carbon monoxide exposure are devastating and can last a lifetime.  Call Attorney Roderick Todd McIver at 336-727-9886 to discuss your options.